14 April 2021
Cape Town – In a move that pet lovers will embrace, South Africa’s newest low cost airline has announced that it has launched a new offering that allows customers to travel with their small dogs on board select flights.
Announcing the latest offering Jonathan Ayache, co-founder of the low-cost airline said: “It’s only small dogs for now which will allowed and must be in a pet-friendly carry bag and placed under the seat in front of the customer. We’ll explore cats later.”
Here’s how it will work:
- Only a limited number of pets are allowed to travel on selected flights (It’s 2 dogs per flight for now);
- Dog-owners have to book the service at least 72 hours before the travel date;
- The dog-friendly booking will cost the same as the fare paid by the accompanying adult;
- Dog-owners will have to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before departure to allow for clearance checks;
- There will be clearly demarcated dog-friendly zones on the aircraft;
Ayache says the airline’s ground staff, cabin crew, and customer support teams will evaluate and revise the offering if need be.